Learn how to improve intuition and exercise some natural powers that come from the infinite. It is a natural gift and the earlier you use it, the better.
According to Ralph Waldo Trine in his book “In Tune With The Infinite”, there is a golden thread that connects every religion in the world.
The same thread runs through the lives and the teachings of every seer, saviours, prophets, and sage through the lives of all men of power.
He went ahead to explain that the same golden thread might have been severed in today’s life and world of being perpetually busy that we trade power for impotence, health for suffering and weakness.
We exchange love and peace for pain and unrest, fullness and plenty for poverty.
You must know how to improve your intuition before you can be able to attune with the infinite.
Intuitive intelligence is a force just like thought, though subtle and gentle but it is always there to lead if only the keeper is ready to give it a chance.
Related: Becoming an Everyday Smart Person
Intuition is the ability to understand something through feeling or instincts without exercising deliberate reasoning.
Most times we are intuitive without making any effort and we say things like, “I knew that was going to happen.”
Very intuitive people always trust their guts and can easily understand the communication their body, environment, or any natural occurrence is sending. In fact, they have a companion in nature and respond accordingly when a message is passed.
Everyone has a way the universe communicates with them. It is always said that the way is known to all but not all know the way.
You would know your intuition is active when you experience clairvoyant happenings that you can’t explain and you are left in awe and you might call yourself a psychic.
Here are some of the things that intuition does:
- An unexplained occurrence that you had thought about not long ago.
- A sudden physical feeling of goosebumps all over the body, or a gut-churning feeling that makes you become alert to your environment.
- Meeting someone for the first time and using their mannerism to know if you can deal with them or not.
- Unconscious dialogue with yourself before making a decision.
- Sudden prompting to take a particular route without any reason.
We all notice one or more of the above from time to time and we take them as one of those quirks of life, but there is always more to them.
The universe tries to pass a message to us and when we don’t get the message, it uses other avenues to do so.
But because of the nature of the modern man, his quest for materialism, and the pressure of life including stress has made him have no time to sit by himself and have a tete-a-tete with himself.
10 Ways On How to Improve Intuition
It is right to explain that intuition is not spiritism and does not involve any ritual as far as I know.
It is a function of the mind to communicate and be in harmony with the universe for the betterment of the person using it.
Here are the proven 10 ways how to improve your intuition:
- Trust your gut
- Exercise your brain
- Pay attention
- Be creative
- Tune in on your body
- Align with your values
1. Solitude Improves Your Intuitive Power
Solitude can be a powerful tool for improving our intuitive power. When we are alone and free from distractions, we can more easily tune in to our own thoughts, feelings, and intuition.
In today’s world, we are constantly bombarded with information and stimuli, which can make it difficult to hear our own inner voice.
When we take time for solitude, we give ourselves a chance to quiet the noise around us and focus inward. This can help us to access our intuition more readily and with greater clarity.
Solitude also provides an opportunity for self-reflection and introspection. By spending time alone, we can more easily examine our own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and gain a deeper understanding of ourselves.
This self-awareness can help us to recognize patterns in our behavior and decision-making processes, which can in turn enhance our intuitive abilities.
In addition, solitude can help us to cultivate a sense of mindfulness and present-moment awareness.
When we are alone, we have the opportunity to fully immerse ourselves in the present moment and tune in to our senses.
This heightened awareness can further enhance our intuitive abilities, as we become more attuned to subtle cues and sensations in our environment.
Generally, taking time for solitude can be a powerful way to improve our intuitive power.
By quieting the noise around us, reflecting on our own thoughts and feelings, and cultivating present-moment awareness, we can more readily tap into our intuition and make better decisions in all areas of our lives.
Curiosity and intuition are closely related in that they both involve a desire to explore and understand the world around us.
By fostering a sense of curiosity, we can increase our ability to notice and interpret subtle cues in our environment, which in turn can enhance our intuition.
When we are curious, we tend to be more engaged and attentive to our surroundings.
This heightened awareness can lead us to pick up on details that we might otherwise overlook, and can help us make connections between seemingly unrelated information.
This can be especially helpful when it comes to intuition, as it can allow us to recognize patterns and make decisions based on our instincts.
In addition to improving our ability to notice and interpret cues, curiosity can also help us to develop a deeper understanding of the world around us.
By asking questions and seeking out new information, we can expand our knowledge and gain a broader perspective on different issues.
This can further enhance our intuition by giving us a more well-rounded understanding of the factors at play in any given situation.
3. Trust Your Guts
Trusting your gut feelings and instincts can improve your intuition by helping you to tune in to your own inner wisdom and intuition. Often, we have subconscious knowledge and information that our conscious mind may not be aware of, and our gut feelings can be a way of accessing this information.
To develop your ability to trust your gut and improve your intuition, it’s important to cultivate self-awareness and practice listening to your inner voice. Here are some strategies that can help:
- Pay attention to your physical sensations: Gut feelings often manifest as physical sensations, such as a tightness in your chest or a pit in your stomach. Paying attention to these sensations can help you to recognize and trust your intuition.
- Reflect on past experiences: Think back to times when you had a gut feeling that turned out to be correct. Reflect on what that felt like and try to identify any commonalities or patterns that may help you to recognize your intuition in the future.
- Avoid overthinking: Sometimes, we can get bogged down in analysis and overthinking, which can cloud our intuition. Practice letting go of excessive analysis and trust your gut feelings instead.
- Take action: Trusting your intuition involves taking action based on your inner voice, even if it goes against logic or reason. Practice taking small steps based on your gut feelings, and see how things turn out. This can help you to build confidence in your intuition and improve your ability to trust it in the future.
4. Exercise Your Brain
Exercising your brain through various cognitive activities can improve your intuition by increasing your overall mental agility and expanding your capacity to recognize patterns, make connections, and generate insights.
Intuition involves the ability to quickly assess and understand a situation, even when you don’t have all the information available. To develop this ability, it’s important to engage in activities that challenge your brain and require you to think creatively and abstractly. Some examples of such activities include:
- Crossword puzzles and Sudoku: These types of puzzles require you to think critically and creatively to solve them, which can help you develop your analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mind-mapping: This is a technique where you create a visual representation of a concept or idea by connecting related concepts with lines and arrows. This helps you to develop your ability to make connections between different ideas and to see patterns and relationships.
- Creative writing: Writing creatively involves tapping into your imagination and using language in new and interesting ways. This can help you to develop your ability to think outside the box and generate innovative ideas.
- Learning a new language: Learning a new language involves a lot of mental effort and can help you to improve your memory, concentration, and cognitive flexibility.
- Mindfulness meditation: This practice involves paying attention to the present moment without judgment. It can help you to develop your ability to focus and tune into your inner thoughts and feelings.
5. Pay Attention
Paying attention can improve your intuition because when you are fully present and attentive, you are more likely to pick up on subtle cues and signals that you might otherwise miss.
Here are a few ways in which paying attention can improve your intuition:
- Increased sensory awareness: When you are paying attention, you become more attuned to your senses. This heightened awareness can help you pick up on subtle cues that you might otherwise overlook. For example, if you are paying attention to your body, you might notice a gut feeling or a physical sensation that can help guide your decision-making.
- Improved pattern recognition: When you pay attention to the details of a situation, you are more likely to recognize patterns and make connections. This can help you develop a deeper understanding of the situation and make more informed decisions. For example, if you are paying attention to the body language of the people around you, you might notice a pattern of behavior that can help you predict how they will react in certain situations.
- Greater clarity of mind: When you are fully present and attentive, you are less likely to be distracted by other thoughts or worries. This can help you focus your attention on the task at hand and make more accurate judgments. For example, if you are paying attention to the details of a conversation, you are more likely to pick up on the nuances of what the other person is saying and respond accordingly.
Creativity and intuition are closely linked, and developing your creativity can help you improve your intuition in several ways. Here are a few ways in which creativity can enhance your intuition:
- Encouraging divergent thinking: Creativity requires you to think outside the box and explore unconventional ideas. When you practice this kind of thinking, you become more open to different possibilities and perspectives, which can improve your ability to sense and interpret subtle cues and signals.
- Strengthening your ability to connect seemingly unrelated things: Creativity involves making connections between things that may not seem related at first glance. This skill can be applied to your intuition as well, as you become better at seeing patterns and making connections that others might miss.
- Building your confidence: When you engage in creative activities, you are taking risks and putting yourself out there. This can help you build confidence in your abilities and intuition, which can make it easier to trust your gut instincts.
- Cultivating a playful mindset: Creativity often involves a playful and curious mindset, which can help you approach situations with a sense of openness and wonder. This can enhance your ability to pick up on subtle cues and insights that may not be immediately apparent.
7. Tune in on Your Body
Tuning into your body can greatly improve your intuition by allowing you to develop a better understanding of your physical and emotional responses to different situations. Intuition is often described as a “gut feeling” or a “sixth sense” that can guide you in making important decisions and learning to listen to your body’s signals can help you tap into this inner wisdom.
Here are a few ways in which tuning into your body can improve your intuition:
- Pay attention to physical sensations: When you encounter a situation or person, pay attention to any physical sensations that arise in your body. This might include a fluttering in your stomach, a tightening in your chest, or a tingling in your hands. These sensations can provide valuable clues about how you are feeling about the situation or person and can help guide your decision-making.
- Notice your emotional state: In addition to physical sensations, your body can also give you clues about your emotional state. Are you feeling anxious, angry, or sad? Learning to recognize and acknowledge these emotions can help you understand why you might be feeling a certain way in a particular situation.
8. Align with Your Values
Aligning with your values can improve your intuition by providing you with a clear sense of purpose and direction. When you are clear about what is most important to you and what you stand for, you are better able to recognize situations and opportunities that align with those values.
Here are some ways that aligning with your values can improve your intuition:
- Provides clarity: When you know what your values are, you have a clearer understanding of what is important to you. This clarity can help you make decisions more quickly and confidently.
- Improves decision-making: When you are clear about your values, you are better able to make decisions that are in line with those values. This can help you feel more confident in your choices and avoid second-guessing yourself.
- Reduces stress: When you are living in alignment with your values, you are more likely to feel fulfilled and satisfied in your life. This can reduce stress and anxiety, which can in turn improve your ability to tune in to your intuition.
- Increases authenticity: When you are true to your values, you are living authentically. This can help you connect with others more effectively and build deeper, more meaningful relationships.
Just as you know, you can never go wrong with the practice. Whatever it is you do or want to learn, you must practice before you are perfect and effortlessly use it.
Intuition is not an exception. When you follow the steps above and deliberately engage them, you are on the right path to improving your intuition and becoming a brilliant personality, living a better and more purposeful life.
Meditation can help improve your intuition by increasing your self-awareness and inner calmness, which are key factors in developing and honing your intuition.
Here are some ways meditation can specifically improve your intuition:
- Calming the mind: Meditation helps quiet the constant chatter in your mind, which can be a distraction from your intuitive abilities. A calm mind allows you to tune into your intuition more easily.
- Developing focus: By regularly meditating, you can increase your ability to focus your attention. This focus can be directed towards your intuition, helping you to become more attuned to your inner guidance.
- Connecting with your inner self: Meditation can help you connect with your deeper self and understand your true desires and motivations. By being in touch with your inner self, you can better recognize intuitive signals and insights.
- Increasing self-awareness: Through meditation, you can become more aware of your thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations. This heightened self-awareness can help you recognize intuitive messages that may be coming from your body or your subconscious mind.
- Cultivating intuition through visualization: Many meditation techniques involve visualization, which can be a powerful tool for cultivating your intuition. By visualizing scenarios and outcomes, you can tap into your intuition and gain insights into the best course of action.
- MBGMindfulness: 18 Ways To Strengthen Your Intuition
- Self-Realization Fellowship: Listen to your inner guidance, cultivated in deep meditation
- Inc. Magazine: 4 Techniques Guaranteed to Strengthen Your Intuition
- Yogananda: Inspiration
A Personal Development Content Creator and an author. I write about life ethics and love to document and share life hacks and experiences of people to help others make good life decisions.
Every content published on The Conducts Of Life is well-reviewed by our board of experienced professionals in psychology. Contents are fact-checked for accuracy, relevance, and timeliness and we include links to sources at the bottom of every article for more insight.